Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Townshend To Fuller


And now for a quick break from the usual news...

I call this image "Townshend To Fuller." I made it by experimenting with MorpfX to morph the images of Pete Townshend (circa 1982) and Rachel Fuller (2004). Then I cropped, polished, and further distorted in PowerPoint, iPhoto, and Adobe Photoshop. I find the final result to be strange and beautiful--everything done with no planning, no agenda.

btw, Townshend and Fuller, both musicians, are a romantic couple. They are also bloggers. To access, click on the links:

Rachel Fuller's Blog

Pete Townshend's Blog

I'm a writer, not a visual artist, so this project was a nice change of pace.

Apologies to the original photographers (and to the subjects themselves, what with their elegant faces).


©2005 zombieH

10 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, October 12, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

why did u pick those two people?

 
At 12:42 PM, October 12, 2005, Blogger zombieH said...

Dorothy,

I appreciate their music, and they are a couple in real life. Also, both of them are bloggers.

Rachel Fuller: rachelfuller.blogspot.com
Pete Townshend: boywhoheardmusic.blogspot.com

 
At 5:11 PM, October 12, 2005, Blogger whatever said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:35 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger whatever said...

Hey, what happened to the cute pooch?

 
At 9:52 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger zombieH said...

Seychelle,

Oh how embarrassing. The pooch--Lulu the Schnoodle, was only up on the site for a minute as I was experimenting with some HTML stuff. Didn't mean for her to have an audience, not that she doesn't deserve (or demand) it.

You can find her here: Click 4 Lulu-and I swear I didn't put her in that outrageous costume...

best, zH

 
At 5:22 PM, October 19, 2005, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Very creative artwork. As a visual artist I DO appreciate it. I would love to try...perhaps shall when I have time! I do have an Andy Warhol type one of myself and also my daughter. This is brilliant and very different. Thanks!

 
At 8:26 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger zombieH said...

Ballerina Gurl,

Thanks for the kind words. You should post the Warhol on your site because it sounds really interesting.

btw, my sister and all her friends were dancers throughout college, though she gave up ballet for modern dance. I feel I grew up among ballerinas and still have a soft spot for 'em. best, zH

 
At 10:24 AM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Very cool morphs!

Cheers,
Anne-Marie

 
At 3:32 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

Very interesting. Brings to mind an endless series of ideas for people to morph together.

 
At 3:35 PM, July 18, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool indeed! Two of my favorite people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home